Junior Software Developer
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsDevelopment
Location: Eindhoven, campus of University of Technology
Hours per week: Full-time
Think and work level: HBO or Academic | Computer Science
As a software developer you work with other developers and architects ensuring a continuous and timely delivery of qualitative solutions.
What you tell your friends you do:
“My work offers a great deal of variety. I started out working on a project for one of the worlds largest payment providers. You know when you check-out at Albert Heijn, or buy a song on Spotify? This payment provider handles your payment. Their goal is to make their solutions as easy as possible to integrate all kinds of different systems. I made a so-called ‘Software Development Kit’ in eight different programming languages. My work is openly available on GitHub and used by thousands of people daily. After it is merged without conflicts, then it is time for a beer!”
But wait… what does that mean, day-to-day?
- You translate concepts and ideas into explicit software-based solutions;
- You map and connect to the structure of an existing third party software system;
- You collaborate closely with other developers and project managers;
- Develop, develop, develop!;
- You turn a complex problem into a state machine or Petri net;
- You know innumerable coding languages – too many to name all on your cv – PHP, Java, and C# are basics, but when needed you also use (a bit of) Assembly;
- You know how to use all the basics such as GIT, MVC, and REST.
Joining the pack
Working at Wolfpack means working together with over thirty other talented, hungry wolves. You will work closely together with Wolfpack’s project managers and your fellow project wolves. Our three core pillars are talent, performance and flexibility. We recruit IT talent early in their careers and give them the opportunity to develop, not only (in) software, but also in soft skills: both professionally and on a more personal level.
What the pack needs from you:
- You are a full stack developer with experience in innumerable coding languages, but we value drive & enthusiasm over experience;
- You are always eager for new skills and experiences to sink your teeth in, you are driven, and have a strong sense of responsibility;
- You are open, convincing, and clear in your communication;
- You are not intimidated by challenging deadlines;
- You are a good team player.
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary (we do not believe in a fixed range in a vacancy, but we discuss your salary wishes and together we look at the possibilities within Wolfpack based on your work experience, education and the role you are looking for).
- Good secondary employment conditions, such as: a (green) pension, a lot of freedom in your hours, good equipment and attention to your personal development.
- Smart colleagues with a similar technical background.
- We work together in project teams, at our own location in Eindhoven, on the TU/e Campus. So we do not second.
- Flexible hybrid working (+/- 40% at home, 60% in the office). Everyone is welcome at the office every day. We find it important that the office is a place to meet, work together and find each other.