Lead Backend Developer [PHP]
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsIT
Locatie: Eindhoven, op de campus van de Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
Hours per week: Full-time [40h]
Think and work level: HBO or Academic | Computer Science
As a Lead Backend Developer [PHP] you work with other developers and project managers, ensuring a continuous and timely delivery of qualitative solutions, while acting as the go-to person for development advice and technical guidance in your team.
What you tell your friends you do:
“As a lead you help other lead developers via our techboard. Besides contributing to our projects, I do so much more. For instance, I share knowledge with my co-workers and assist them with their growth. I usually start my mornings having a catch-up with the pack, after which the daily stand-up follows. When my team gets to work, I use PHP with Laravel to help them design and develop a platform, this time consisting of an API (to communicate with an app), a backend and frontend. Developing along remains important, after all I need to stay on top of whatever is happening in my environment. In the afternoon I do my best to impress a potential customer (maybe this could be the next project we land?!). Lastly, we discuss various approaches to a problem we encountered today, before finally grabbing a beer and calling it a day!”
But wait… what does that mean, day-to-day?
- Steering ahead the technical direction & the project delivery;
- Code some (more complex) elements in Laravel in the current projects;
- Ensuring the quality of the project & facilitating the QA within the team;
- Making sure everybody knows what they need to do (no loose ends);
- Collaborate closely with other developers and project managers, and provide PHP-related tips & tricks;
- Help potential customers with providing a technical solution to solve their challenges and discuss the possible architecture together with our architects, so we can provide the best result;
- Develop, develop, develop, of course!
What the pack needs from you:
4+ years of software development experience with a solid background in backend development, specifically PHP (Laravel)
You are not afraid to quickly establish yourself as the go-to person for anything PHP Laravel related. You are always eager to share your insights and guide your colleagues, especially at a hands-on technical level;
You answer junior questions like "What’s the best way to let Posts and Videos have Tags in a database?” ' or “How should I design a recurring task in Laravel?”
You ask the right questions and balance expectations, so that quality is never compromised for the sake of only fulfilling requirements;
You readily sink your teeth in anything that will grow you and aid your teammates’ knowledge;
You have experience working with scrum;
You know everything about Git branching strategies, know how to configure a deployment pipeline, and enforce coding best practices on pull requests. Basically everything to support the way of working for your team.
Joining the pack
Working at Wolfpack means working together with over thirty other talented, hungry wolves. You will work closely together with Wolfpack’s project managers and your fellow project wolves. Our three core pillars are talent, performance and flexibility. We recruit IT talent early in their careers and give them the opportunity to develop, not only (in) software, but also in soft skills: both professionally and on a more personal level.
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary (we do not believe in a fixed range in a vacancy, but we discuss your salary wishes and together we look at the possibilities within Wolfpack based on your work experience, education and the role you are looking for).
- Good secondary employment conditions, such as: a (green) pension, a lot of freedom in your hours, good equipment and attention to your personal development.
- Smart colleagues with a similar technical background.
- We work together in project teams, at our own location in Eindhoven, on the TU/e Campus. So we do not second.
- Flexible hybrid working (+/- 40% at home, 60% in the office). Everyone is welcome at the office every day. We find it important that the office is a place to meet, work together and find each other.